Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tick Dick

Last Night was CJ's big night.  It was his first time to perform stand up comedy, EVER!  It was over at the Hollywood Improv. So, After work, Liz came by to bring me my car, and we headed on over.  Let me start off by saying, how much I despise Hollywood/West Hollywood Bars and Clubs.  

CONS of HOLLYWOOD CLUBS:
-No Parking/Expensive Valet/Expensive Lots
-Cover to Get in
-Waiting in Line
-Douchebaggy People
-Expensive Drinks/Food
-Super Crowded

PROS of HOLLYWOOD CLUBS:
-Can't really think of any at the moment

So, The Improv, is your typical Hollywood club, only in Comedy form. I was forced to buy 2 items against my will, even though I was not hungry or thirsty.  I can understand a minimum if it was a free show, but we had to buy tickets!  AND STILL, they force snacks and beverages upon us!  

ANYWAYS, I am getting off on a rant, and this is all besides the point.  CJ was AWESOME!  I was really nervous for him. But, He killed it!  I see A LOT of comedy out here, and by a lot, I mean at least twice a week.  He could easily fit in with any of the comedy shows I have been to.  I wish I could say the same for the rest of his class.  Nick M. was pretty good, but other than those 2, it was pretty weak.  No one really seemed nervous, their material was just not too strong.  But, Congratulations to CJ.  Hopefully this will be the start of some awesomeness in the comedy world!

Afterwards, Liz and I headed back to my place where we met Christina.  We went to go meet everyone from the comedy show over at Big Wangs.  But, being a Hollywood Bar, There was a long wait to get in, so we ditched the place.  We headed to the much more comforting, Cha Cha.  It was free foosball night.  I took on Liz and Christina by myself, and was not so great. haha. BUT, My friend Tony shows up, and we school them!  We defined foosball that night! .... Whatever that means, haha.  But, we were all tired so we did not stick around for too long.  Fun night for sure.

Tonight is Liz's last night in town.  We may try to go to the AA Factory Store downtown, so I can use her discount! Hoo-rah.

No comments: