Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chicken Tits and Duck People

Last Night Liz and I went to the Residency night at Spaceland.  Megapuss ( Devandra Banhart's side project) was playing.  Usually Monday nights get fairly crowded, but last night was PACKED.  I think everyone wanted to see Devandra.  No Natalie sighting however. haha.  Their set was ok.  The Highlight was probably when Aziz ( Human Giant) got on stage and sang "Duck People".  We met Tristan there.  It was hard for me to concentrate on anything because I was so hungry the whole time.  And, I was very vocal about it. haha.  So After Megapuss, we meet up with Christina and Raquel outside, and decide to go grab a late dinner at the 101 Cafe.
101 was fantastic like usual.  Tristan insisted we order the Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream desert, since Liz was here on vacation.  So we did, and so we ate!  It was my first time to have it, and although I was utterly stuffed from my meal.  The Desert was mind numbingly good.  I sat for about 10 min, Spoon in hand, taking the tiniest of bites, unable to resist eating from the glorious mound of waffle, ice cream, and syrup.   We were all full and tired.  Everyone knew that they were going to sleep well that night. haha.

Tonight CJ performs Standup for the first time ever!  It's over at the Improv, and it will be a lot of fun.  I am kind of nervous for him.  I think stand up is probably the hardest of the performing arts.  Can't wait to see him kill! ( or bomb) either way is funny...haha.  Good Luck tonight!

No comments: